Nursery for the 8:30 service is for infants up to 2 years old.
Sunday School is offered for children ages 2 and up from 9:15 – 10:15. Classes are divided by age/grade. Children are taught an age appropriate curriculum.
Children’s Church is offered during the Worship service for children ages 2, 3, and pre-K. Volunteers come to the Sunday School classrooms and stay with the children until guardian pick-up after services.
Kid’s Worship Service is for children Kindergarten through 5th grade during the Worship Service on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
Wednesday Nights are an outreach ministry for kids in our communities. It is a fun place for kids to build friendships and learn Biblical truths. Our program is for kids 3 years old – 6th grade.
The overriding purpose is to help children:
- make Christ Lord in every aspect of life
- form healthy relationships
- develop positive attitudes toward God, themselves, and others
IGNITE is all about igniting a fire in each one of our hearts for Christ. It starts with hearing God’s word and developing friendships and relationships that encourage us throughout life to live for Him. We have many outdoor activities and games planned and great small groups with dedicated counselors. Come enjoy the fun!
all current (2018-2019) 3rd through 6th graders
Coming Summer 2020
St. John Mennonite Church with some activities and service projects in the local area.
WHAT WOULD A DAY AT CAMP BE LIKE?
- Quiet time and devotions in small groups with counselors
- Small group activities
- Large group teaching time
- Small group discussion time with counselors
- Large group game time
- Lunch and free time
- Specialty afternoon activities
- Service Projects in small groups
- Small group wrap-up session
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
We are accepting 60 children on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is required no later than June 1st or until all the slots are filled. We ask that parents and kids are committed to all five days for the full day, with the exception of sickness and emergencies. We realize this is a local camp and the convenience of coming and going is easy, but we seek to make the most of this experience for the kids and the leaders who have invested their time. Kids will be asked to bring a small list of items to camp each day: a packed lunch, sunscreen, insect repellent, Bible, and change of clothes. We will supply drinks and snacks throughout the day. There may be a few other specialty items throughout the week depending on the afternoon activity.
Contact Rachel email@example.com
Community Vacation Bible School
Kindergarten (children age 5 by Aug. 1) through 6th grade
Coming Summer 2020
TBD – (VBS rotates between various local church locations)
Contact Rachel Antrim: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook page to connect with us: Pandora Community VBS page
The community churches that are involved include:
- Pandora Missionary Church
- Pandora United Methodist Church
- Grace Mennonite Church
- St. John Mennonite Church
SJM takes the safety and security of all children under our care.
- Children are supervised at all times.
- Each classroom has a minimum of 2 leaders.
- All adult leaders have routine background checks.
- For infants through Pre-K children we have a check-in system.
- Children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade will only be released to an adult guardian from their classrooms.
For more information please contact Lindsay Clevidence
Children’s Ministry Events Calendar
January 29, 2020 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Please see our Children's Ministry page for more information about AWANA. https://sjm.church/ministry/childrens-ministries/
February 5, 2020 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
February 12, 2020 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
February 19, 2020 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm